Speed-up the response of your Start Menu

Status
Not open for further replies.

microsoftne

In Runtime
Feel like your Start Menu takes just too long to open pop-up (sub) menus? This could delay could add up if you have to travel through a few pop-up menus to get to your word processor every day. Here's how you can speed thing up a little:

Run Registry Editor (regedt32.exe in Windows NT).
Go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop
Modify "MenuShowDelay" parameter to contain something from 2 to 20. If you don't see the MenuShowDelay parameter, add it as a string item and set the value.

microsoftne my results were the same as if i turned off all transition effects. do i have to reboot to see the difference?

-edit
well i see if i use a value of 50,000 or more i can actually see the fade effect. so microsoftne your tip works in reverse too, thanks for the tip!! fading is so cool :eek:

-2nd edit
that 50,000 must have been all in my head. i set it to 20 like you said microsoftne and i rebooted and it worked faster! so i guess you do have to reboot to see changes.

I have a program that does that. Its called System Mechanic. Dont know if any of you heard of that? But you can adjust the speed of the start menu to open as fast or as slow as you want.

Hi I noticed one interesting thing, when IÂ’m done all windows gui and other improvement tips some new glitches came up, I suppose applying of undocumented features is not safe enough ?

Cherubimon_3.20 said:
I have a program that does that. Its called System Mechanic. Dont know if any of you heard of that? But you can adjust the speed of the start menu to open as fast or as slow as you want.

I use System Mechanic too! It rocks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom