Software Updates Week 51

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osiris

Golden Master
Just two more Software Updates post to make in this year before the new year will hopefully bring some awesome new programs and applications to use and write about. As usual the list is made of applications that have been introduced here at my site before and have been updated in the last seven days.
Some of the versions might be Beta but this is mentioned clearly so that you can make the decision if you want to install a Beta or wait for the release version.
If I have missed a program let me know about it in the comments. Everything that has not been written about has received it's own article in the last seven days already which means that you are not missing out any great new programs if you visit my website regularly.
µTorrent 1.8 Build 7041 Alpha - a new Alpha version of the lightweight Bittorrent client.
Autoruns 9.0 - probably the best and in depths autostart analyzer in existence.
AVG Anti-Virus Free 7.5.503a1224 - new version of the popular anti-virus software.
Azureus 3.0.4.1 Beta 8 - new Beta version of the popular Bittorrent client.
Buddi 2.9.23.0 - a personal accounting software. Not for businesses but suitable for households.
Defraggler 1.01.044 Beta - replacement for the Windows defragmentation tool.
Dr. DivX 2.0.1 Beta 5 - transcode videos to Divx.
DVDFab HD Decrypter 4.0.2.0 Beta - copy DVD movies to your hard drive and remove protections in the process.
FlashGot 0.7.1 Beta - Firefox download manager integration.
foobar2000 0.9.5 Beta 8 - a highly configurable music player.
Free Download Manager 2.5.737 - one of the best download managers comparable to Orbit Downloader.
Fresh UI 7.97 - tweak and optimize Windows.
Hamachi 1.0.2.5 - simulate LAN over Internet.
IE7pro 2.0 Beta 3 - if you use Internet Explorer 7 you should install this add-on for it making IE7 more secure, responsive and useful. Including an ad-blocker, tab manager, spell checker and more.
KMPlayer 2.9.3.1428 - another media player that plays a lot of media files right out of the box.
Locate 3.0.7.12160 Beta - I'm using Locate all the time. Fast file and in-file searching.
Malwarebytes Anti-Malware 0.80 Beta - scans for malware on your computer. Still an early version but with lots of potential.
MediaMonkey 3.0.1.1120 RC5 - Music organizer, tagger and converter.
Microsoft Windows Live OneCare 2.0.2500.14 Beta - a Windows maintenance and protection suite from Microsoft.
Mp3tag 2.39j Beta - probably the best mp3 tagger there is today.
nLite 1.4.1 - remove components from Windows.
Nokia PC Suite 6.85 Release 14 - a must have application if you own a Nokia phone. Transfer files, upgrade your phone or backup settings with it.
Opera 9.50 Build 9694 Beta - probably the best browser around these days, even if it is still in Beta.
Paint.NET 3.20 - great image editor.
Process Lasso 2.33 Beta 1 - Process Lasso is a unique new technology intended to automatically adjust the allocation of CPU cycles so that system responsiveness is improved in high-load situations
QT TabBar 1.2 Beta 4 - use tabs in Windows Explorer.
Real Alternative Regular 1.7.0 - instead of installing the official Real Player you can install this software that plays Real Media files as well.
RogueRemover 1.23 - remove various spyware and other threats.
SpeedBit Video Accelerator 2.2.1.5 Beta - supposed to speed up video streams on sites like Youtube.
Sysinternals Suite Build - must have programs including Autoruns, Process Explorer and many more.
Vize 1.0 - Gui enhancement for Microsoft Windows Vista.
XnView 1.92 Beta 4 - an excellent image viewer.

Software Updates Week 51 - www.Tech-Dump.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom