Software Updates Week 50

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osiris

Golden Master
It is time for another software updates article where I list software that has been updated in the last seven days. I would like to take the change to point everyone to the best software of 2007 article that I wrote a few days ago where we all vote for the best software of 2007. I will compile the results after Christmas and write a neat article about it. Make sure you check it out and cast your vote.
Back to this week. I decided to get rid of the pictures because it wasted lots of time to create them. If you like them so much that you want them back let me know by replying in the comments.
All software mentioned in this article has been updated in the last seven days and is free to use. It could be that some are Beta or Release Candidates, make sure you read the installation and / or upgrade instructions on the developers homepage.

µTorrent 1.8 Build 6838 Alpha - a lightweight bittorrent client.
7-Zip 4.57 - a great packer supporting lots of different formats.
Azureus for Windows 3.0.4.0 - a popular bittorrent client based on Java.
BitComet 0.97 - seems to be the week of bittorrent client updates. another popular bt client.
Buddi 2.9.20.1 - a personal - basic - accounting software.
Eraser 5.86 - remove files permanently from your hard drive giving normal file recovery tools no change to recover the files.
foobar2000 0.9.5 Beta 7 - a highly customizable music player.
Halite 0.2.9 Revision 344 - an Open Source bittorrent client.
InfraRecorder 0.44.1 - burn CDs and DVDs
MediaCoder 0.6.0.3996 - encode videos using this flexible software.
MediaMonkey 3.0.1.1116 RC4 - Music organizer, manager, tagger and player.
Media Player Classic 6.4.9.1 Beta - a lightweight fast media player which is being used my my favorite media player SMPlayer.
Microsoft Malicious Software Removal Tool 1.36 - a tool from Microsoft that checks if your computer has been infected with malicious software.
Mp3tag 2.39i Beta - a great music tagger.
Paint.NET (Beta) 3.20 Release Candidate 1 - a great image editor comparable to GIMP.
Recuva 1.09.194 - recover deleted files, possible as long as they have not been deleted permanently with tools like Eraser.
Ultr@VNC 1.0.4 RC6 - can display the screen of another computer (via internet or network) on your own screen.
VirtualDub 1.7.7.28312 - a well known video capture/processing utility.
WildBit Viewer 5.1 Alpha 6.0 - another popular image viewer.
XnView 1.92 Beta 3 - the image viewer that I favor.

Software Updates Week 50 2007 - www.Tech-Dump.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom