Software Updates Week 47

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osiris

Golden Master
It is Wednesday again which means it is time for the weekly software updates article that lists all software that has been mentioned before at Ghacks and has been updated in the last seven days. I keep track of those updates by using a mix of RSS Feeds, bookmarks and software download portals.
If you spot a software that I have missed let me know please. It is almost an impossible task to keep an eye on all applications that get updated on the Internet and I surely miss some each week.
From now on I will pick one application that has been updated and make it the Pick of the Week.
Pick of the Week:
HTTrack Website Copier 3.42 - probably the best software to mirror websites on your hard drive. A website downloader with a huge functionality.
Software Updates:
µTorrent 1.8 Build 6171 Alpha - one of the most popular torrent clients.
Azureus 3.0.3.5 Beta 13 - another popular Bittorrent client which requires Java.
Buddi 2.9.16.0 RC1 - a personal budgeting software.
DVDFab HD Decrypter 4.0.1.2 - copy DVDs to the hard drive and remove the protections in the process.
FileZilla 3.0.4 RC1 - a popular ftp client.
foobar2000 0.9.5 Beta 4 - a flexible music player with some nice features supporting lots of music formats.
MediaCoder 0.6.0.3980 - a free media batch encoder
Mp3tag 2.39f Beta - a great mp3 tagger.
OpenOffice 2.3.1 RC1 - the Open Source replacement for Microsoft Office.
Opera 9.50 Build 9656 Alpha - a new version of the great Opera browser now with MathML support.
Paint.NET (Beta) 3.20 Beta 1 - I do prefer to use GIMP but Paint.net is a solid alternative if you are looking for an image editor.
Recuva 1.08.174 - a file recovery software.
RetroShare for Windows 0.3.52a - a private P2P client.
SIW 1.72 Build 637 - System Information for Windows. Displays lots of information about installed hardware.
SMPlayer 0.5.62 alpha - my media player of choice, plays almost everything right out of the box without the need to fiddle around with codecs.
SparkleXP 0.4 - a Windows optimizer and tweaker.
Spybot Search and Destroy 1.5.1.18 Beta 2 - scans your system for spyware and adware.
Sysinternals Suite Build 11/19/07 - a collection of Sysinternals tools containing some of the most useful Windows applications such as Autoruns and Process Explorer.
Tor 0.2.0.12 Alpha - Tor is an anonymity network that protects your identity from prying eyes.
UpdateStar 1.1.206 Beta - scans your computer for installed software and checks if an update is available for it.
vLite 1.1 Beta 2 - get rid of unwanted Windows Vista components before installing the operating system.
WinMerge 2.7.5.7 Experimental - compares and merges documents in an editor with syntax highlighting.
XdN Tweaker 0.8.8.5 - tweak Window with this software.
YamiPod for Windows 1.7 - manage your iPod with Yamipod instead of iTunes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom