Software Updates Week 24

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osiris

Golden Master
Week 24 already and here is the next software updates post. I usually list all applications and programs that have been updated in the last seven days and have been mentioned previously here at Ghacks which usually means good, free programs. This week was rather uneventful and overshadowed by the release of Opera 9.5 and Firefox 3.
Some other great applications have been updated by their developers as well, talking about Locate, SMPlayer or Revo Uninstaller. If you follow my website regularly and install what I recommend you will spend some time updating today. That is, unless you monitor the applications yourself.
Update of the week is once again the best media player out there, SMPlayer. It's fast, it's lightweight and it plays almost everything without the need to install codecs. If you have not tried it yet I suggest you do so immediately. Wonderful application.
µTorrent 1.8 Build 10853 Beta - lightweight Bittorrent client.
AIMP 2.5 Build 235 RC1 - software music player.
CodecInstaller 2.10.0 - reveals the codec needed to play the audio or video file and provides downloads as well.
Defraggler 1.02.078 RC2 - a file defragmentation tool from the creators of Recuva.
FileZilla 3.0.11 - Open Source ftp client.
FlashGot 1.0.3 - Firefox add-on that provides functions for many download managers.
Fresh UI 8.09 - Windows optimizer and tweaker.
HashTab 2.1 - a Windows shell extension that displays various file hashes.
I2P 0.6.2 - anonymous network.
Locate 3.1.8.6150 Beta - probably the fastest way to search for files in Windows.
MediaCoder 0.6.1.4116 - audio and video converter.
MediaInfo 0.7.7.2 - displays information about multimedia files.
Media Player Classic 6.4.9.1 - lightweight media player.
nLite 1.4.6 - remove Windows components before installation.
NVIDIA BIOS Editor 4.2 - a Bios tweaker for Nvidia video cards.
Nokia PC Suite 7.0.4.0 Beta - the software for Nokia mobile phones.
Open Office 3.0 build DEV300_m19 - the alternative to Microsoft Office.
Revo Uninstaller 1.71 - file uninstaller that scans and removes leftovers as well.
Skype 4.0.0.145 Beta - a first public Beta version of Skyp 4, the VOIP client.
SMPlayer 0.6.1 - a media player classic frontend that is fast and plays almost any file out of the box.
SpeedFan 4.35 Beta 15 - monitors and regulates fan speeds.
Spyware Terminator 2.2.2.438 - software that protects the computer against spyware and malware.
TagScanner 5.0.523 - organize and manage your music collection.
Tor 0.2.1.1 Alpha - The Onion Router is a software to protect the privacy of the user.
VirtualDub 1.8.1 Build 29808 - video capture and processing utility.
Vista Codec Package 4.7.0 - adds lots of codecs to Windows Vista that are needed to play certain video and audio files.
Vispa 0.2.4 - disable “phone-home” features and tweak other settings in Windows Vista.
WildBit Viewer 5.2 RC 1.0 - fast image viewer.
Wine 1.0 - Wine is a project to allow a PC running a Unix-like operating system and the X Window System to run x86 programs for Microsoft Windows.
XAMPP 1.6.7 Beta 1 - install Apache, MySQL and PHP on your computer.
xpy 0.10.4 - xpy is a small tool which disables the default threats of a Windows XP installation.
If I missed an update let me know so that I can add it to the list.

Software Updates Week 24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom