Software Updates Week 23

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osiris

Golden Master
This week was huge when you take a look at the list of updates that I have collected. It took me some time to add all of them to this list. Several excellent applications have been updated including uTorrent, 7-zip, Opera, Miro and Filezilla. Updating all those applications on my computer took even longer than to create this list.
It was difficulty to select one software that would get the update of the week award. I finally decided that I would award it to the excellent download manager Orbit Downloader, in my eyes the best free download manager for Windows. Besides the usual functionality to download files from the Internet it provides easy access to download files from many social sites like Youtube, Myspace or Pandora.
If I have forgotten a software let me know about it please.
µTorrent 1.8 Build 10770 Beta - another version of this lightweight Bittorrent client.
7-Zip 4.59 Alpha 2 - popular file-archiver.
AIMP 2.5 Build 224 Beta 7 - a lesser known music player.
AVG Anti-Virus Free 8.0.100a1323 - one of the most popular free anti-virus applications.
Control Running Programs 1.0 Beta 2 - process manager.
Defraggler 1.02.077 RC1 - defragments your hard drive. Offers a choice to only defragment selected files.
DVDFab HD Decrypter 5.0.3.0 - can copy full DVDs to the hard drive.
FileZilla 3.0.11 RC1 - first release candidate of the open source ftp client.
Fresh Diagnose 7.84 - analyze and benchmark your computer.
MediaCoder 0.6.1.4115 - convert audio and video files.
MediaMonkey 3.0.3.1183 RC - music manager and player.

Microsoft Malicious Software Removal Tool 1.42
- checks and removes some of the popular worms and other malicious software.
Miro 1.2.4 - excellent tool for viewing and downloading videos from the Internet.
Mozilla Firefox Portable Edition 3.0 RC2 - the portable version of the second Firefox 3 release candidate.
Mp3tag 2.41a Beta - a flexible music tagger.
Opera 9.50 Build RC - release candidate of the upcoming Opera 9.5 browser.
Orbit Downloader 2.7.1 - Orbit Downloader is an advanced free download manager.
Paint.NET 3.35 Beta - one of the two free popular Windows image editors. The other is GIMP.
Process Lasso 2.92.4 - sophisticated process manager that can automatically restrain processes.
QuickTime 7.50.61.0 - the original by Apple. If you want a lightweight alternative check below.
QuickTime Alternative 2.6.0 - complete package to play Quicktime media files without installing Quicktime
QT Lite 2.6.0 - provides only ways to play Quicktime files in the browser without installing Quicktime.
RapGet 1.41 - downloader for file hosting sites like Rapidshare and Megaupload.
Simplyzip 1.1 Beta 70 - another lesser known archiver.
SIW 2008-06-04 - displays system information.
Skype 3.8.0.139 - new version of the VOIP client.
Songbird 0.6 RC3 - Open Source web player.
Soundbase 2006.6.9 - free music player and tagger.
Spybot Search and Destroy 1.6.0.25 Beta - anti-spyware solution.
System Explorer 1.5 Beta 2 - a system manager displaying information about processes, startup items and more.
Update Notifier 1.0.3 Beta - checks for software updates.
UpdateStar 2.2.596 Beta - checks installed software on the computer for updates.
VirtualBox 1.6.2 - software virtualization.
Vispa 0.2.3 - disables phone home features in Windows Vista and secures the operating system.
vLite 1.2 Beta - create a new Windows Vista installation CD that only contains the components that you want to install.
WinBubble 1.73 - a Windows Vista tweaker.
Xfire 1.93 - instant messenger for gamers, see what your buddies are playing.
xpy 0.10.3 - can disable phone home features in Windows XP and secures the operating system.

Software Updates Week 23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom