Software Updates Week 13 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osiris

Golden Master
Welcome to this week's article that is listing all the interesting software updates of the last seven days. I'm trying my best to keep an overview of all the updates of the past week and collect them in that time to present you one article each Wednesday that contains a list of many major software updates.
This week saw a lot of updates and it was quite hard to pick one that would receive the update of the week award. Since the Open Office update has not been made official yet on their homepage I'm giving the award to Orbit Downloader which is in my opinion the best free downloader out there.
If you know of an application that has been updated but is missing in the list let me know, I will surely do my best to monitor it from now on and add it to the list.
µTorrent 1.8 Build 9137 Beta - a new Beta version of this lightweight Bittorrent client.
7-Zip 4.58 Alpha 5 - another popular archiver with support for many different zip extensions.
aTuner 1.9.82.17453 - a tiny tool that can change several settings of Ati and Nvidia video cards.
BitComet 20080320 Beta - a fast Bittorrent client.
CCleaner 2.06.567 - cleans the computer from temporary and other unnecessary files.
Cobian Backup 9.1.1.166 Beta - an excellent backup software with options to backup to an ftp server.
CodecInstaller 2.9.1 - analyzes multimedia files and displays information about the codecs that are needed to play them.
doPDF 6.0.257 - sets up a virtual printer that creates pdf documents.
DVDFab HD Decrypter 4.1.2.0 - copy DVDs to your hard drive and remove protections - if any - in the process.
FeedDemon 2.6.1.0 Beta - a desktop feed reader.
K-Lite Mega Codec Pack 3.8.5 - a highly popular codec package.
Locate 3.1.8.3260 Beta - Locate offers one of the fastest ways to search for files and content in files in Windows.
MediaCoder 0.6.1.4077 - a batch transcoder for audio and video files.
MediaMonkey 3.0.3.1147 Beta 3 - music organizer, manager and player.
Nokia PC Suite 6.86 Release 6 - applications to transfer to and backup data from your Nokia mobile phone.
ooVoo 1.5.1.96 Beta - offers multi-user video chat.

Norton Removal Tool 2008.0.3.15
- Some call it the best software Norton ever produced. Use this if you want to completely remove a Norton / Symantec product from your computer.
Open Office 2.4.0 - the final version of Open Office 2.4 after several release candidates. A popular replacement for Microsoft Office.
Orbit Downloader 2.6.4 - a fantastic download manager with many advanced features.
PeaZip 2.0 - an alternative to the more popular packers like Winzip and Winrar.
Recuva 1.12.291 - recover accidentally deleted files on your computer.
Songbird 0.5 RC2 - a multi-platform multimedia player.
SpeedFan 4.34 Beta 44 - manage the speed of the fans in your computer.
SUMo 1.7.0.42 Beta - Sumo scans your computer for known applications and checks their version against an online database to let you know if the computer is having the latest version installed.
Vista Codec Package 4.6.2 - add several missing video and audio codecs to Windows Vista at once.
WildBit Viewer 5.2 Alpha 4.0 - another update of this popular image viewer.
WinSCP 4.1 Beta - I'm almost exclusively using WinSCP to update my websites.

Software Updates Week 13 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom