Skype Firefox Extension is causing many problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osiris

Golden Master
I was witnessing some erratic behavior lately after installing several applications on my new computer. One of the applications was Skype and it did turn out that Skype did install a Skype Firefox Extension which causes many problems. My problem was that some images were not displaying at all but simply returned a The image [...] cannot be displayed, because it contains errors failure. I also witnessed that Netvibes was constantly reloading it's content which made me almost switch to another service because I thought at the beginning that it had something to do with the new version of Netvibes.
Several users responded in the thread and it turned out that the Skype Firefox extension was the culprit. It can cause a permanent page refresh, stop a page from loading correctly, cause image and pdf display problems and make Firefox unresponsive and even hang the browser completely.
I was not able to figure out another solution but to uninstall the Skype Firefox extension. I only realized that I had it installed after someone pointed out that it could be the cause for the behavior. My suggestion is to uninstall it as fast as possible.
The only effect that the toolbar has anyway is that it marks any phone

Skype Firefox Extension is causing many problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom