ShowMeDo Free Video Tutorial Website

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osiris

Golden Master
ShowMeDo is a relatively new website that is about videos by the people, for the people as they put it. Not the normal type of videos that you find on sites like youtube but videos that teach the viewer. The site currently has seven categories where movies are located, those are Python, Java, Ruby, Linux, Blender, Screencasting and Other. The biggest category is the Other category which will most likely be the most interesting category for everyone who is not into programming, linux and 3d.

I know that you would like some examples of videos that you can find at ShowMeDo, here we go. I pick three random ones: Getting Started with Wordpress, Basic Car Maintenance and The Perfect Cup of Coffee, As you can see they offer tech related video tutorials and “real-life” tutorials as well. Playing a video works the same way as in youtube, just click the link, the video loads and you press play in the video to start it. If youtube works for you ShowMeDo will as well.

As I said earlier it is a relatively new website which means that they do not have millions of videos. It also takes a longer time for the users to create tutorial videos as you can imagine. The ShowMeDo wiki has a (written) tutorial that explains in detail how to create videos that can be uploaded to ShowMeDo, why not share your knowledge if you are good at something ?

You may request tutorials about a certain subject. Users can vote which request is of interest to them. This is a nice feature, really nice. You still need someone to pick up your request so donÂ’t start with something like theory of relativity. I suppose basic stuff works best here.

If ShowMeDo manages to gain some momentum and exposure on the internet they surely will make they way as a great niche movie website that is able to survive amongst the big players.

http://showmedo.com/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom