Server Reboot Scripts

Status
Not open for further replies.
i can understand if you specified an order..mainly to make sure domain contollers or logon servers and file servers go down last, but to have them all come on at the same time and why logon?

You could just make a batch file, open notepad the type in "shutdown /r" and you can just schedule it for a time, it take literally 20 secs to create

This script is not just to shutdown servers. When you have lets say 20 or more server, whats thee fastest way to restart them all and also make sure they are back online before you leave for the day or expecially if you perform this remotely. When the server restarts, it creates an uptime log to verify the server is back up. I was going to post mine on here but the site was down so tomorrow I will post it.

This below simply will not do what is needed.

"You could just make a batch file, open notepad the type in "shutdown /r" and you can just schedule it for a time, it take literally 20 secs to create"

Copy all the files to a directory. Open serverlist.txt

Type in this as an example: Leave the 1 in there, then type in the server name. What this will do is perform a ping test to see if the server is up, then it will issue the shutdown command then when it is rebooting, an uptime log will be created so you wont have to login to each server to see if its back up or not. You can put as many servers in the list you need. I usually have 14.

1,HEBFPS001

Does this make sense now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom