Send Free SMS to 56 Countries

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osiris

Golden Master
Why would someone pay for sending an SMS if he could send it for free on the Internet ? He should be sitting next to a computer of course but if the service is reliable there should not be a reason to pay for the SMS. Gizmo SMS can send SMS to 56 countries. Not all carriers are supported though and you should check their list of supported countries and carriers to find out if the carrier that you are sending the SMS to is supported.
The United States are leading the field with 30+ supported carriers followed by India, Russia, United Kingdom, Canada, Spain and Germany. It's a bit problematic that you have to know the carrier of the person that you want to send the SMS to but it usually is not a problem to find out by analysing part of the phone number. That does not fall into weight when you send a SMS to your own phone to test the service though.
I ran into a problem when I tried to send messages using Firefox, the verification image was not readable at all. A switch to Internet Explorer solved that problem. I'm not sure if it was caused by my version of Firefox or if it is a general problem.

Other than that it was fairly easy to use. After selecting the country and entering the phone number I was able to enter the text of the message which was limited to 80 characters unfortunately and the verification code. It took only a few seconds before I received the SMS on my Nokia N73 mobile phone. It contained the text that I had entered and some advertisement for another Gizmo service.

Send Free SMS to 56 Countries

* No charge for sending. Receiver may incur charges depending on their carrier and plan.

Don't like the sound of that much. On CardboardfishSMS for receiver inucrs no chrages :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom