Send Faxes for Free

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osiris

Golden Master
Sometimes, you may urgently need to send a fax across to someone but you do not have access to a fax machine. If this is the case, don't worry. File-hosting site drop.io has a way to rescue you.
Drop.io started off as just another file-hosting site. To stand out from the pack though, the site now allows you to both send and receive faxes. The modus operandi is simple: Upload the file you want to fax to the drop.io service. Files must be in ‘doc' or ‘pdf' format, not more than 20 pages long and less in 100 MB in size.

Once your file is uploaded, just click on the ‘Send' button. You will then be directed to a page with a drop-down menu where you can choose how you want your file to be sent. You can choose between fax, email, and MMS for mobiles. In the case of the fax, enter the fax number and click ‘send'. Your document is faxed to its recipient.
I quite like this service though I doubt I need to use it that often. For one thing, I don't need to go running around looking for a fax machine. Another perk, it's free! I've sent faxes before and paid for each page, which can work out quite expensive. The major drawback presently is you can only send faxes to US numbers. Still, I'm optimistic that this will change in the future.
What do you think of the drop.io fax service? Would you be willing to use it? What kind of security concerns would you have? Let me know in the comments.

Send Faxes for Free

Hmmmmm... This does sound interesting. I will need a fax machine to send faxes for applying at different computer parts distributors. Although, that would have a lot of personal information involved, so I am not sure if I would feel 100% secure in doing so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom