Schedule Recordings for Online Radio

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osiris

Golden Master
I'm a big fan of online radio. There are lots of wonderful radio stations out there to cater to a variety of tastes and you can listen to your favorite music 24/7. Another massive bonus is that it's all free.
With the advent of online radio, a whole host of recording software has emerged too. You can find both free and paid programs depending on personal choice and if you are willing to pay for it. However, one major drawback with a lot of these options is that you cannot schedule recordings with them. This means that if you are not at your computer while a show is playing, you will not be able to listen to it later. This is especially important if you enjoy listening to concert recordings.

If you are on Windows, there is a way to overcome this disadvantage. Minezone posted a very detailed account of how to schedule recordings in online radio using a bunch of free tools. His main preferences are wget and Mplayer.
The instructions are pretty easy to follow. At first glance, the command line options might give you Windows users a fright but you get used to it soon enough. Besides, most of the hard stuff can be copied and pasted directly. Another plus is that the recording can be done in the background. In addition, you can schedule multiple recordings for the same time.
I don't know how many of y'all will use this on a regular basis. I think it's a good idea to keep this in mind. After all, you never know when you might need it.
I have to admit that these steps appear a bit complicated. If you know of any other program that does the same job, drop me a line.

Schedule Recordings for Online Radio - www.Tech-Dump.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom