RSS Reader FeedDemon 3 Beta 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osiris

Golden Master
Source: RSS Reader FeedDemon 3 Beta 1

After a seemingly endless odyssey of RSS (Really Simple Syndication) reader tests which led from web browser based readers like those in Mozilla Firefox or Opera to website based RSS readers like Google Reader to desktop RSS readers I finally ended up with FeedDemon. FeedDemon offered a wealth of features but more importantly the speed and performance that I was looking for. The team developing FeedDemon has released a first beta version (to be precise build 3.0.0.7) of the upcoming FeedDemon 3 RSS reader as a public download on their website.
FeedDemon 3 Beta 1 comes with several interesting new features and also one drawback which will be addressed later on. The short setup wizard will be started even if an older FeedDemon version is installed on the computer system. This might confuse users as it could seem that all feeds that have been added to that version have been lost during the upgrade. This is however not the case. The old feeds will be integrated into the new version. This takes some time as the feed items are imported and the databases checked.
The first thing that springs to mind is the new interface that looks friendly to the eye. The RSS feeds are still listed in the left sidebar and the contents in the main right window. A new addition is a small advertising window at the bottom left of the screen. That's the drawback that I mentioned earlier on in the article. The advertisement is not really that obtrusive but could irritate or annoy some of the users.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom