Reveal the Font that has been used in an image

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osiris

Golden Master
I'm a little bit of a font addict. Whenever I see a beautiful font in an image or on a website I have to find out which font it is to play around with it and see if I can use it for any of my projects as well. It's relatively easy to find out when normal websites and code is involved but I always had difficulties identifying a font that has been used in an image; Well most of the time, some fonts, like the Terminator font stick out and are easily identified.
Sizlopedia discovered a web service called What The Font that can identify the font that has been used in a particular image. Images can either be uploaded to the service or directly from a website. The image that has been uploaded to the server is then analyzed automatically and the user is asked for verification after that process.
Each font char is identified separately and the user can correct or add chars that have not been identified properly. The whole process, from uploading to analysis and manual correction does not take longer than a few seconds.
The matches that have been found are displayed on the next and final page. The original image is floating on top of the page scrolling with the site to speed up the comparison and final identification.
The thing that's bothering me a little bit is that all fonts on that website are sold which means that you cannot download the font immediately. It's still nice for identification purposes.

Reveal the Font that has been used in an image

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom