Resizing images with seam carving technology

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osiris

Golden Master
Rruben send me a link to an interesting software called Resizor which is an image resizer that utilizes the newly introduced seam carving technology to create impressive results. Instead of modifying the dimensions the same percentage throughout the image it analyzes areas that are less important and removes or adds to those with priority.
The tool itself is very easy to use with only a few options to choose from. If there is something that I would have to criticize it would be that the program window cannot be resized. Only a small portion of large pictures is shown and you have to use scrollbars to look at other parts of the image.
Resizor needs some tweaking to become a real great software but what I have seen so far is impressive enough already. It shines when resizing images with wide panoramas. It lead to some distorted images however. I tried it on an image of a person sitting in a chair with only a few pixels on the left and right and it resampled the image so that the persons head would be really big while the rest of the body much smaller in comparison.
resizor.jpg

There should be a way to define areas of importance which would really mean that distortions like this would not happen anymore.
Related Posts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom