Record Skype Calls

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osiris

Golden Master
I mainly use Skype to chat with some friends of mine and can't honestly say how I ended up using this voice over IP software and not some Instant Messenger. Skype does have some advantages over common Instant Messengers, you can call the “outside” world and have multi-user conferences. Me and two friends used to communicate in Skype when playing World of Warcraft and it did work quite well.
Record recording should be something build in Skype if you ask me. It's a great way of keeping archives of phone conversations that can be useful in several situations. Unfortunately though there was not a completely free add-on that would record calls in Skype.
This has changed with the release of Call Graph. This Skype add-on records phone conversations as mp3 files. The recorded conversations can be tagged for better identification.

It looks pretty simple and that's exactly what it is. Additional information about the calls are saved. The name of the user you have spoken to and the date and time. These information in combination with the tags make it easy to find calls of a specific user, date or tag.
I did not try it out but I suppose it is also possible to record Skype calls by using an audio software like Audacity. It's a bit more complicated and not that automated but it should work fine as well.

Record Skype Calls

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom