Read Ebooks on your MP3 player using “Ebook to Images”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osiris

Golden Master
“Ebook to Images” converts ebooks in most formats (.txt, .html, .htm, .lit, .pdf) to images that are custom formatted for reading on a mobile device. The idea is that while most portable devices such as MP3 players will not allow you to upload and view ebooks, many of them allow for image viewing on their screens. Hence “ebook to images” will convert the text from ebooks into images suitable for viewing on your particular portable device.This program doesn't print documents into images in the manner of a virtual printer (such as PDF Creator or SWF Printer Pro). Rather, it will extract the text from an ebook and reformat it as per your settings. You can tweak all aspects of the output images, including their size (resolution), the font used, font size, orientation (e.g. flip by 90°, 270°), text color, background colors, anti-aliasing and a number of other settings. You can add also a background image if you like as well as page numbering, and you can set the number of output folders to distribute the resulting images to (useful if you would like to upload separate chunks of the ebook at a time).
To test this, I tried it out on 2 ebooks. I chose 320×240 Jpegs as the image resolution and format, which would be just right for viewing on my Iphone. (You can output to GIF and PNG if you want). The first ebook was a text file/ebook downloaded from Project Gutenberg that was a 653K text file, and the resulting folder of images was 50 megs (873 images). The second book was a 350K PDF file which ended up being 7.9 megs (107 images) when converted. (I might add that the converted text file fared considerably better in terms of text formatting than the PDF).
The bottom line is: “Ebook to Images” is a very efficient and quick solution to putting ebooks on your portable device, provided the device allows uploading and viewing images.
Version tested: 0.9.1.0
Compatibility: WinAll. Requires Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0

www.Tech-Dump.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom