Quick Folder Access with Direct Folders

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osiris

Golden Master
Every Windows user browses for folders regularly, be it to save files in specific folders or to load files from folders. Windows itself offers no way of saving often used folders as favorites so that they can be accessed with just a click. I already did test several applications like Flashfolder but I did discover the perfect application for my needs only recently.
Direct Folders adds a double-click menu that gives the user access to folders,files and recent documents that he has added to the application before. The system is so simple that I would call it brilliant. A double-click opens the Direct Folders menu when you are in Windows Explorer, Windows desktop or a file browsing dialog (like Save or Load) and opens a folder or file with just another click.
Several items can be added to the menu. First of all direct access to folders and files can be added on the main level. Separators can be used to visualize folder categories or add a break between folders and files. Last but not least subfolders can be created that add another level to the menu meaning in return that you need another action to access the folders or files contained within.
direct_folders.jpg

Several other file related settings can be changed in Direct Folder. The default size of the file dialogs windows can be changed to an appropriate size as well as the default viewing mode (Thumbnails, Icons, Details, Tiles and List), the sort order (Name, Size, Type and Date) and if it should be ascending or descending.
The folder and file favorites as well as the recent documents can also be accessed by shortcuts. The default shortcuts are Windows Q for the Favorites and Windows W for the recent documents.
A pro version is available as well which adds several new functions like information about the size of a drive, the ability to set default folders for any application and an option to customize folder icons.

Quick Folder Access with Direct Folders

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom