Playlist Creator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osiris

Golden Master
I'm normally not using playlists when I want to listen to music. I either tune into some Internet Radio station or drop a folder full of music in my favorite music player XMPlay. Some of my friends however make a science out of it and create playlists for different moods or situations and they told me about a software that they use to create the playlists.
The name of the software is Playlist Creator. All it does is take a number of multimedia files and create a playlist out of them. The files can be added by selecting folders or single files and sorted exactly the way you want them to be. I'm always referring to files and not songs. The reason behind this is that you can also add other multimedia files with extensions like mpeg or avi to the playlist to play them in programs like SMPlayer or MPlayer which support them.
I did not try what happens if you mix video and audio files in one playlist though. Back to the creation of the playlist. You can set the path to be relative or absolute in the options.
playlist_creator.jpg

One feature that I think is missing is the ability to load files from subdirectories as well. My default folder structure for my music collection is band / album / files and I have to pick the album folder to add it to the playlist. It would be nice if I could select the band folder and the Playlist Creator would automatically search through all subfolders and add the files it finds.
Playlists can be saved as .pls or .m3u files. Are you using a different method to create playlists ?

Playlist Creator

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom