Pixelformer Advanced Icon Editor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osiris

Golden Master
I have to admit that I'm not much of a designer and that I have to rely on friends and people I pay to deliver designs for my websites. I mainly use image editors to reduce the size of images or merge them but that's it. I discovered Pixelformer a few days ago, it's an icon editor and I have used some icon editors in the past. This one looks amazing, that's the first thought that I had.
I know that design is not everything that counts and that functionality should be more important - are you listening Microsoft ? - but it really blows every other icon editor away when it comes to looks. Pixelformer can load high resolution images without difficulties, I remember some icon editors that would only accept images of a certain dimension. The memory footprint of Pixelformer is tiny, it uses less than 3 Megabytes after startup.
What I really like is the fact that it is possible to import icons from the computer. If you pick a file that contains more than one icon, explorer.exe, for instance then you get to choose the icon that you want to load. While the icons can be loaded from executables, system files and images they can only be imported as image files with the ico file type as the obvious choice here. Three other file types are available.
http://www.ghacks.net/wp-content/uploads/2008/04/pf_ss_main_window.png
Pixelformer is an easy to use stunning looking icon editor that comes with enough functionality to make most professional icon creators happy.

Pixelformer Advanced Icon Editor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom