Pick Me Selects Random Files From Directories

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osiris

Golden Master
Source: Pick Me Selects Random Files From Directories

If you got a large hard drive with all kind of multimedia files you might sometimes need someone else to tell you what to watch or listen to. We all have this moments of indecision where to much choice can make it harder to make a decision. Shall I watch 24, Lost or The IT Crowd? Do I want to listen to Rock, Heavy Metal or Country?
Pick Me is a friendly computer program that will make the decision for the user. The user basically points it to a directory on his hard drive and selects the extensions that the software program should consider. Pick Me will then pick a number of files that meet the criteria from the hard drive and present the choices to the user.
The default number of results is 10 which can be changed in the options as well. Pick Me displays the results in a list. A click on a result will highlight it in Windows Explorer which means it takes just a hit on the enter key to start the playback.

The software program could need a fee additional features like the ability to save the preferences or multiple profiles for different file types, e.g. music, videos and text. It would also be great if there would be an option to automatically pick and play the first file in the list.
The application has been created over at Donation Coder so chances are good that the changes will be implemented. The software is completely portable and requires the Visual Basic 6 Runtimes which should be installed on most computer systems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom