PCSX 2 Playstation 2 Emulator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osiris

Golden Master
Many regard the Pcsx2 emulator as the best Playstation 2 emulator in existence and I have to say that it really does an awesome job as long as your computer is fast enough to handle the emulation. There are two prerequisites that are a big hurdle for many users. The first is that you do need a Playstation 2 bios file.
The developers can't supply one because they would infringe Sony's copyright. It is possible to use tools to extract the bios of your own Playstation 2. I know that most P2P networks have those files available as well. Besides the Bios you also need a game obviously before you can play Playstation 2 games.
Those games can be in all image formats like iso, img or bin. A plugin also adds compatibility to put Playstation 2 games in the CD or DVD drive and play them from there. I personally recommend the disk image way of loading games because that's way faster.
The compatibility list is incredible. It lists 1858 Playstation 2 games of which 748 play perfectly. New versions of the emulator will surely increase game compatibility further.
I would like to point out two important features of PCSX 2. The first is that you can add plugins to it that enhance the functionality much like the one I mentioned above that is adding the possibility to load CDs and DVDs from the drive directly.
The second is that you should consider playing those games with a Playstation pad because it is really awful to play a game like Tekken with the keyboard.

PCSX 2 Playstation 2 Emulator - www.Tech-Dump.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom