Open multiple links at once in Firefox

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osiris

Golden Master
There are not many Firefox add-ons left that I have never heard about but this one caught me by surprise. Snap Links is an excellent Firefox add-on that I have immediately added to the list of add-ons that are installed permanently on my system. It's basic function is to provide a way to mark several links at once which opens all marked links in new tabs.
The default way of doing that is to draw a rectangle around them using the right-mouse button. Yes, that is all. Just click the right-mouse button, draw the rectangle around all the links that you want to open which will happen once you release the mouse button.
Want to open the first five search results in Google ? Click no more than once. Just right-click the mouse button, draw the rectangle around all five result links and release it. Et voila, all five results are opened in new tabs.
open_multiple_links_firefox.jpg

Only the main links, that is the ones in the biggest font are selected by default. If you want to open all you need to press the shift-key. All links that will be opened are visualized by a red border.
The colors and many other settings can be changed in the add-on's options. You can change the drawing button from the right-mouse button to the middle or left one and open links in a new window / windows, bookmark links, download links or copy links to clipboard instead of opening them in a new tab.
I really like the bookmarking option the most. Very handy if you come upon a link list and have no time to check it out yet. Just bookmark all links in one go with this extension.

Open multiple links at once in Firefox

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom