Numlock Capslock Scrolllock Indicator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osiris

Golden Master
Numlock Capslock Scrolllock Indicator

The latest keyboard that I bough, a Logitech keyboard, did not come with those three lights on the top right that would show if the Numlock, Capslock or Scrolllock keys have been pressed previously. While that is not a big deal for me as I only have to press the corresponding key once again if it is activated or deactivated in the case of the Numlock key a software displaying the status of each key might be helpful in certain environments and for certain users.
I remember several calls back then when I worked for a huge financial corporation where users told me that our website was broken because they could not enter numbers in certain forms on the website. It did turn out usually that their numlock key was not active or that the capslock key was active. The first did not let them any numbers with the right numeric pad while the second returned the chars that would appear if Shift was pressed as well.
It always took a while to explain the cause of this and it probably might have helped if I could have told them to download the indicator software to tell me if they would see a green light above the three parameters.

But then again who would download such a software that would display the status all the time? Don't think you find many that would even if they have a keyboard without the lights.
Still if you want it you can download the NumCapsScroll Indicator. No word about compatibility on the website but it works fine under Windows XP Service Pack 3. The display can be moved around freely on the desktop but it places itself by default in the lower right corner just above the system tray and system clock.

Hello Heng.

Check your BIOS. Some BIOS's have a setting for this.

Cheers,
Mak

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom