Nokia PC Suite Error 1305: Error reading from file

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osiris

Golden Master
The Nokia PC Suite is a software that ships with your mobile phone that can be installed on PCs to communicate with the mobile phone. You can backup data, synchronize contact information, upload music and install mobile phone applications using the Nokia PC Suite.
The software installed just fine on my home computer but I did receive a very strange error when trying to install it on a friends computer. The error “Error 1305. Error reading from file:” appeared followed by the local path to the Nokia PC Suite installer. I quickly found out that this is a permissions issue.
I did the following to fix the PC Suite Error 1305. I copied the Nokia PC Suite software to my computer, right-clicked the file and selected properties from the menu. Click on the security tab, select SYSTEM from the Group or Usernames menu and check the Full Control Allow checkbox.
Exit that menu by clicking Apply and OK. Now start the installation of the Nokia PC Suite again and the error message should not appear anymore.

Nokia PC Suite Error 1305: Error reading from file

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom