Nirsoft Command Line Tool

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osiris

Golden Master
Source: Nirsoft Command Line Tool

Nircmd is a impressive command line tool considering its size of just 29 Kilobytes. It can be used to launch an incredible amount of commands from the Windows command line or by utilizing the program from a batch file. The best option would be to copy it into a system path folder so that the command line tool could be executed from any directory.
The website of the developer contains the download link but also samples of the functionality of the command line tool. The basic command for the tool is nircmd command parameters. There are more than 80 commands to chose from very specific ones like changing the system volume to advanced commands that manipulate Registry entries or are execute on remote computer systems.
A practical example that shows the complexity of the command tool would be the command to turn off the computer system which can be done with nircmd.exe exitwin poweroff. An advanced version in the form of multiremote copy “c:\temp\computers.txt” exitwin poweroff force of this exists that can turn off all remote computer systems specified in the text file computers.txt

Very awesome little utility. I have it on my laptop and have a command to turn off my laptop's monitor when I'm not using it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom