Never Re-Activate After Installation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osiris

Golden Master
Never Re-Activate After Installation

If you have to reinstall Windows XP you normally will have to reactivate too. Well not anymore. Just copy wpa.dbl after you activated the first time. It is located in the WINDOWS\system32 folder. Now if you reinstall Windows XP just copy the file back and you're up and running again.

-[ZoU]-Kronos said:
wow thats pretty cool. so if you save that file, you can use that copy of windows over and over?

yes... but im not sure if that was the SMARTEST thing you could have said :) lol....

One thing to keep in mind is that the file will not work on another computer or also if you change a lot of the hardware on your computer. In that case you will have to reactivate. If you want me to explain y just ask.

dumdum8684 said:
One thing to keep in mind is that the file will not work on another computer or also if you change a lot of the hardware on your computer. In that case you will have to reactivate. If you want me to explain y just ask.

and with that , that is why this thread is staying open, its only good on the one pc....

Yes it will...I've done it. We have 4 Dell pcs and I installed the same XP Home on all 4, several times before..

there you have it, the same installation from the same disk, interchange disks w/files, wont work

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom