Memory Fox Flushes Firefox's Memory Constantly

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't see the big deal tbh. The majority of system have 4gb anyway, so 250, even 500mb for a browser is nothing to worry about in the grand scheme of things.

All those web pages need to be held in memory..if you clear them out they will have to reload from the cache when you reaccess that tab...which will be slower.

The big deal is why can IE which is supposed to be the worst browser ever made conatin the same pages to under 150MB when Firefox which is supposed to be the best use 4 or 5 times that? firefox uses more than any other browser i have tried. For being such a big name you think that they would figure this out.

Plus who says every system has 4GB. What about those on laptops that have only 1GB and have half of it eaten away by firefox? This has been a issue with Mozilla since they released Firefox and now after how many years later they STILL havent sorted this issue out.

I dont see why they need to be kept in memory. I mean with how many people on broadband now it only takes a second to load. So why should i keep it in my RAM when i can download it just as fast as my system can access it?

See the argument works both ways. Mozilla needs to fix it. This isnt a new issue. This is something that has been going on since they released the browser. They are on the verge of releasing version 3.6 and they still have this issue? Sorry but that is unacceptable. With how much testing is going into the Builds now they should fix this.

I had no luck opening cleanmen's .job file. here is before memory fox

MWSnap05112-13-09.jpg

It seams to be working with my XPsp3

MWSnap05212-13-09.jpg

Now the real question comes in. Is this after you first load Firefox and a couple of tabs or AFTER you surf for about 30 minutes?

At first it seemed to work for me as well. But after 30 minutes of just being on T-F my resource usage jumped up yet again.

So yeah at first it works great. But over time, it doesnt work as well.

Hmm..so IE memory usage is significantly lower?
I use Chrome as I like the bookmark bar and the bookmark sync...but it's not exactly frugal when it comes to the memory either.

captureqx.png

Yeah that is fair. Lets compare your 10 tabs in Chrome to my 2 tabs in Firefox. I know i will open 50 tabs and compare that to your 10. :lol:

Even funnier, when you add up all of your Chrome tabs usage, you STILL use less than my last posted screen shot. You only total 172MB. My last screenshot totaled 241MB. You are still 59MB off from my total and you have 5X the amount of tabs open. So YES chrome DOES use less resources. You prove it with your screenshot.

IE operates the same exact way by having each tab be a process. Even when adding up all the tabs they will be less than Firefox.

It is a Firefox leak. It is not something that just came out of no where.

Firefox Memory Leak - Google Search
Firefox Memory Leak - Bing

This is something that has been going on with Firefox since the first version. Which is why i am making the statements i am.

The 2nd bing Article is from 2005 when they tried to issue a fix. Over 4 years and they still have the same issues. If it was something new, then i wouldnt be so upset. But this is a ongoing thing with Mozilla.

If it wasnt for the fact that they have had this same issue in the past, i wouldnt make a big deal out of it and just live with it. But since i seen this in Version 1, Version 2 and now Version 3 there is something seriously wrong.

It seams like memory fox does knock it down, but quickly rises when stream live radio, video, and 3 other windows open.

I wasnt on any sites like that. I had T-F open and GameFaqs open. Nothing but text as i have AdBlock, NoScript and FlashBlock on. So no fancy stuff was loaded. Yet i still had mine climb up to 250MB in use with mainly text sites with minimal graphics loaded.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom