Memory Fox Flushes Firefox's Memory Constantly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osiris

Golden Master
Memory Fox Flushes Firefox's Memory Constantly

Some Firefox users feel that the web browser has grown into the wrong direction lately with to much bloat being added to the web browser. The computer memory usage of the web browser is one of the factors that they use to make their point although studies show that memory usage actually decreased in Firefox 3 when compared to Firefox 2. Still, the memory usage of the browser can reach hundreds of Megabytes in no time and it seems that grows with every passing minute but fails to decrease to the initial starting memory usage.
Memory Fox is a memory optimizer for the Firefox 3 web browser. It is only offered for the Windows operating system and can be used to constantly flush Firefox's memory usage.

Osiris' original link Memory Fox Flushes Firefox's Memory Constantly

another link at ghacks Computer Memory Optimizer

I was wondering if anyone has an opinion on these 2 different cleaning agents? I would like to try the second one first to see it work. then do a before and after with memory fox also. I also want to see before and after adding memory fox as this might add some usage also? I would like to avoid a format if I chose to remove Cleanmen.

I am about to install it and see if i notice a difference. I have made a topic about this previously. will edit this once i test it out a bit tonight.

I am running the Memory Fox extension. Already i see a improvement as it hasnt hit higher than 147MB with multiple tabs open. After opening up tabs you see a jump in resource usage, but it goes right back down. I have 8 tabs open right now and so far it went up to 200MB but dropped down to 152MB within seconds. So it does work.

These test were done with the latest FF install, on XP Mode with Win7, all 4 tests had 5 tabs open with the same page on TF. Looks like Memory Fox wins, at least on my build.

Firefox

FF1.jpg

Firefox with Cleanmem

FF2.jpg

Firefox with Cleanmem and Memory Fox both installed

FF3.jpg

Firefox with Memory Fox

FF4.jpg

Well i can say this. while not as bad as it was in the topic i posted, the memory usage is still up there. After using the browser for a while now, just 30 minutes, i see my memory usage start to climb again.

2q064hg.png

Over 200MB and still climbing. With 2 tabs open. They really need to do something about this....

Just stick with IE8 and be done with it. :thumbsup:

Everyone lived without the extensions, etc years ago, they can certainly do it now. :silly:

I know. I use 3 browsers. IE8, Firefox, Chrome. It just depends on my mood and what i am doing. Most of the time it is IE8, videos is in Firefox since i have extensions for larger video views and Chrome just for fun. no more Opera for me...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom