The Memory could not be read error

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osiris

Golden Master
I know that this may sound funny but I also received the error “The memory could not be read” during Windows startup. The funny thing is that this error and the error “the memory could not be written” are not related to each other. I found a fix that helped pretty fast. The memory could not be read is apparently a Java error which is causing the problem. You find a big explanation with various solutions at a official Java website.
I would still like to outline how I fixed this error. The Java website has several solutions to get rid of this error and you should start at solution 1 and the error will hopefully disappear after you have tried solution number 4 which is the last one in that list. My error disappeared after trying solution number 1. Here is what I did to fix “the memory could not be read”.
I went to the directory C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\Engine and renamed the Engine directory to Engineold. After renaming that directory download the latest Java Runtime Environment from Sun and install it on your computer. The error disappeared after restarting my system.
You should try solution 2, then 3 and lastly 4 if the first solution did not work out to get rid of “the memory could not be read”.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom