Manage your movie collection with Coollector

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osiris

Golden Master
Keeping track of all the movies that you own can be a tedious task especially if you also lend movies to friends and relatives. I'm someone who does not buy lots of movies and if I do I normally only buy them if they have been reduced in price which means that I'm not a likely candidate to organize my movie collection. A friend of mine on the other hand has literally thousands of movies and I would think that it could become awfully hard to keep track of the whole collection.
Coollector tries to help by providing an interface to organize and manage movie collections. The program is aimed at English movies only but can be used to include foreign releases as well. It requires more manual work though to add those. Each of the more than 43000 movies is listed with information about actors, plot, genre, directors and release versions and it only takes a click to add one of the movies to a movie collection.
Each aspect of the movie can be edited before it is added to the collection. The main way of finding movies is by using the build in search which can find movies and people.

Movies and Persons are always clickable which leads to the movie's main page or the movies that the person was part of. The database is in no way as comprehensive as that of IMDB for example but it does find most movies.
Filters can be added to exclude certain formats from being included in search results. A user could for instance exclude Blu-Ray and UMD results if he does not own a player for these.
Movies can be rated and added to a wish, loaned and ordered list. The Piclens extension is required to view movie covers or previews at Youtube.

Manage your movie collection with Coollector

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom