Manage Open With Programs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osiris

Golden Master
A left-click on a file opens it with the default application while a right-click offers a menu with the option to open the file with a different application. You get the choice to pick another application that added itself during installation to that menu or to browse your computer for another application not in that list.
Sometimes however the choices are kinda strange and do not make sense at all. If I choose the Open With option for a text document on my computer I get to choose between Notepad++ (default), Firefox, Office and Thunderbird. At least two of those applications do not make sense in my opinion.
Open Expert is probably the best application to configure the available applications for the Open With dialog for each filet ype in Windows. A list is populated with all Open With programs after selecting a file type from the list of available extensions.
open_expert.jpg

Each program in the list can be rearranged in position or removed from the list completely. Alternatively new programs can be added from the hard drive. Open Expert is easy to use and the results are immediately visible.

Manage Open With Programs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom