Make Firefox start faster with Firefox preloader

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osiris

Golden Master
I'm not very fond of applications that add themselves to the Windows startup because it means that the startup will be delayed. In my opinion only a few applications have the right to be started at system start, included in this list are security programs as well as programs that you would start anyway after Windows is loaded. I'm autostarting Rivatuner for instance to keep the fan of my Nvidia graphics card from spinning to fast in 2D environments to reduce the noise level.
Some users will undoubtedly like the idea of a Firefox preloader that autostarts with the system. This ensures that Firefox will startup faster when you click the icon. It is basically the same trick that Internet Explorer is doing by letting Windows start some of it's needed files so that they do not have to be loaded when you click on the Internet Explorer logo.
A faster starting Firefox comes at a cost though. System startup will be delayed slightly because one additional application has to be loaded during that process. The Firefox preloader is also using some Megabytes of Ram all the time in addition to those used by Firefox if you start the browser.
If you use more than one installation of Firefox you have to make a decision which one to boost with the Firefox preloader. I guess it could be useful for some but I personally will not add it to the list of autostart programs.

Make Firefox start faster with Firefox preloader :

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom