Knowledge Community Video Sites

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osiris

Golden Master
People are crazy about watching videos on Youtube, Metacafe & Co. but the videos there are in most cases either entertaining or kinda crappy. In my opinion, it's a little hard to find really good or useful videos in this jungle if you're not searching for something specific or don't get a suggestion or link from another website.
You probably want to learn something new sometimes and in such case vivid video tutorials are many times more appreciated than written tutorials. Instead of just reading how something is done you hear and see it instead.
sutree.jpg
SuTree is a social website aimed at creating and maintaining a knowledge community. They collect video lessons, tutorials and short how-to videos from the community, let users decide which are the best ones and also approve the videos themselves (at least they claim so). SuTree was also nominated for the CNET's WebWare 100 competition by the way.
Currently there are about 5500 videos in their database divided into several categories including computers and electronics. In the computers category for example there are videos about Photoshop, Excel, PowerPoint and similar common applications.
However, for tutorials of this kind maybe I'd better suggest you to take a look at the previously mentioned Showmedo which is probably more specialized in this kind of tutorials.
SuTree still offers interesting stuff, though. I especially enjoyed the Everyday Advice category which is a collection of all sorts of advices from self defense to wrapping gifts.

Thanks for this dude, I hate it when you can't find a video tutorial on youtube or dailymotion... it just sucks because the search has tones of pointless or unrelated videos.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom