iTunes Visualizer Magnetosphere

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osiris

Golden Master
I'm usually not using iTunes at all because I think the software slow and overloaded like the Windows Media Player. If I want to play music I use Winamp and to transfer songs to and from my iPod I use Floola. I still have iTunes installed but as I said it is only used very seldom. To be honest, I did not even knew that there were visualizations for iTunes available. You can think of them like the ones on Winamp for instance. I found this amazing visualization for iTunes and decided to write an article about it. I think it would be best to walk you through the installation and activation although it is nothing complicated. Download and install Magnetosphere and start iTunes afterwards.
magnetosphere1.jpg
Click on the Visualization tab and select Magnetosphere from the list. Last thing to do is start either a song or playlist and click on Turn Visualizer on. I suggest full screen mode which looks awesome instead of windowed mode.
The developers did not include a lot of information about customizing the plugin. I was able to figure out the following. Pressing the A key adds one hundred particles to the visualization while pressing S reduces the amount by one hundred. Please be cautious about this. If you add to many particles your computer could stop responding at all.
magnetosphere1.jpg
Visualizations change with every new song automatically. They do differ a lot which makes the visualizer more worthwhile. I pretty much like the idea to run Magnetosphere in full screen mode with music from iTunes playing in the background.
Do you use visualizations for iTunes or Winamp ? If so, let me know about them, I would like to take a look at them. The only question that remains for me is, how do I bring this visualization on my iPod Nano ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom