iTunes Folder Watch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osiris

Golden Master
Apple iTunes has no way of detecting new music additions to your music folders which means that you have to add them from within iTunes manually to be able to play them in the software or sync them with your iPod music player.
A software with the name iTunes folder watch comes to the rescue. Folders that contain music can be added to iTunes folder watch. Those folders are then scanned automatically - or if preferred manually - and music that has not been added to iTunes yet is listed under the New Tracks tab.
Those tracks can be imported to iTunes again with the choice to sync the music automatically or manually. It is possible to explicitly exclude folders from being scanned. This might be useful if you don't want to add the music of a subfolder to iTunes.
itunes-folder-watch.jpg

The program can run as a background process as well which is something that I would not advise to do. This would be in my opinion only useful if you move new music into those folders regularly throughout the day.
I think it should be enough for most users to start the application manually. The decision to automatically scan the folders and sync new songs with iTunes can still be made in the options of iTunes folder watch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom