Ipod Reset Instructions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osiris

Golden Master
Frozen iPods are more common than you might think. Read on before you go out and buy a new iPod just because you can't get your old one fixed. As I said, frozen iPods are common and there are a few steps that you can undertake that will most likely fix the iPod and get it out of it's frozen state.
The first thing that you have to check is if the hold slider is in the correct position. I know that this sounds stupid but believe me when I say that many users think that their iPod is broken or frozen because the hold switch is in the position where it locks the iPod completely. You should also make sure that the battery of the iPod is not charged. The iPod will not turn on of course if the battery is not charged.
Ipod reset instructions differ depending on the iPod model that you own. If you have an iPod with a click wheel which most users should have you do the following:

• Toogle the hold switch on and off
  • Hold the Menu and Center button for about 6-10 seconds until an Apple logo appears on the screen. I would suggest you place the iPod on a desk for instance and use two fingers to press both buttons.
If everything worked your iPod should have received the reset instructions and come out of frozen state.

I have also found through fixing many iPods that if you're ipod is displaying a sad face try dropping it flat on the backside from 10-12 inches onto a table. Do not ask me why this tends to fix them, but it does.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom