Interesting One-Way Email Services

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osiris

Golden Master
One-Way Email services, also known as disposable emails or throwaway emails are a great way to anonymize your data when signing up for websites or services. It sometimes happens that I need to access information that are located in a members only area of a forum for instance. I know that I will be visiting that forum once to retrieve the information and that I most likely will never come back.
That's the main reason why I'm using one-way emails, to signup at websites that force you to signup before you can access information. Most disposable emails are not risk free especially if you use them to signup at a service that you do use regularly. If someone were to discover your email he would be able to access the account at the website of the disposable email service. They are free for everyone, remember ? He could request a new password for the website and hack your account for instance.
The following list contains only those one-way email services that I do use regularly for all kinds of purposes. All are free to be used and require no registration whatsoever.
Blockfilter - You can create a email @newsups.com. All incoming emails are deleted after 2 hours automatically.
Guerrilla mail - create a random email on the fly that lasts for 15 minutes. You can extend that period for additional periods.
Mailinator - probably the most popular disposable email website. Offers some alternate domain names that redirect mails to the same mailbox. Great if the original mailinator url is banned from a site.
I know that the list is a bit short but these are all that I do use regularly.

Interesting One-Way Email Services

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom