Install Windows Media Player 11 without WGA check

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osiris

Golden Master
Windows Media Player 11 for XP has been released and Microsoft decided to add a WGA check to the installation routine. Once you double-click the executable that you downloaded the tool asks for a WGA check and will not continue the installation until it was checked whether Microsoft thinks your Windows installation is legit or not. We heard about users that had problems with those WGA checks and could not install software that performed checks although they had a legit system.

Lucky you, lucky me there is a way that makes it possible to install the software by making a few changes to some registry settings. I found this trick at my digital life and it seems to be working fine for both the Media Player 11 installation and the Internet Explorer 7 installation.

All you need is the following registry file which you can download at this rather spammy website called depositfiles.com. Once executed you simply start the windows media player 11 for xp installation and it should go through passing the WGA check without problems. Suspicious users should check the registry file before they double-click it and make a backup of their registry.

http://www.mydigitallife.info/2006/...inal-installation-genuine-windows-validation/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom