Infected or Not: Is your PC Infected ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osiris

Golden Master
I'm not that fond of online virus scanners because they always need special file access privileges and scan your files which could be a privacy issue as well. Infected or Not from Panda Antivirus however catched my attention by providing interesting statistics about infected computers on a worldwide and country wide scale.
According to their statistics which are updated when scanning computers 10.90% of all PCs scanned were infected. PCs with Antivirus installed had a infection rate of 8.62% while PCs without Antivirus were infected 14.56% of the times.
Infected or Not displays the rate of infected PCs using a Google Maps mashup. France for instance is the country in Europe with the highest amount of infected PCs (16.41%) while Sweden (4.17%) and Germany (5.33%) have the least amount of infections. The United States has an infection rate of 10.34 btw.
infection-map.jpg

The scan works with Firefox after installing an add-on which can only be uninstalled from the default installation location which is at C:\Program Files\Panda Security\NanoScan. Execute the file nanounst.exe to uninstall it again.
Antivir reported a trojan during installation and execution which can be considered a false positive. In case you are wondering why I have Antivir installed, I did not test this from my main computer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom