The image [...] cannot be displayed, because it contains errors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osiris

Golden Master
I recently ran into the error message “The image [...] cannot be displayed, because it contains errors” twice in the last day and I was wondering if it was related to my new computer or a coincidence because I never encountered that error message in Firefox before. Internet Explorer 7 is displaying the images fine and I have yet to install Opera 9.5 to test it with that browser as well but I suspect it will render it fine.
For anyone who wants to test the images in their browser, they are here and here. I was not able to come up with a solution yet, the second image was displaying fine after a few tries but it seems to be caught in an endless loading loop. The image is displayed completely but the loading bar is still loading something, not sure what it is. Saving the images and viewing them in Windows turns out to be working correctly.
A quick research seems to suggest that those images have been saved using CMYK encoding and not the usual RGB encoding. It turns out that Firefox is having problems displaying images that have been encoded this way and cannot display them properly, hence the error message The image [...] cannot be displayed, because it contains errors when trying to load such an image.

The image [...] cannot be displayed, because it contains errors

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom