How To Zoom In Firefox - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Software > Microsoft Windows and Software > Tips, Tricks & Tutorials
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 02-23-2009, 01:21 PM   #1 (permalink)
Techie Beyond Description

Send a message via ICQ to Osiris Send a message via AIM to Osiris Send a message via MSN to Osiris Send a message via Yahoo to Osiris
Default How To Zoom In Firefox

How To Zoom In Firefox

I recently had two conversations with Firefox users who did not know that Firefox came with the means to zoom in and out of a website. They were using external applications to magnify parts of the screen and where surprised that they could achieve the same effect with less work.
All of the zooming options are available from the View menu in Firefox. Firefox users find options to zoom in, zoom out and restore the default level in the Zoom submenu there. There is also one additional option to change the default zoom behavior to only zoom the text of a website. The default behavior is to zoom all elements of a website. Not many users will use the View > Zoom menu though to zoom in Firefox. It simply takes to long which is why the same effect can be achieved with keyboard shortcuts:
  • <LI itxtvisited="1">Zoom in: [CTRL +] or [CTRL Mousewheel up] <LI itxtvisited="1">Zoom out: [CTRL -] or [CTRL Mousewheel down]
  • Reset Zoom: [CTRL 0]
The keyboard shortcuts come in really handy if you stumble upon badly designed websites or those that use images or other elements that are barely decipherable in default view. The only thing that one should realize is that the zoom level works on a domain basis. Multiple pages of the same domain that are opened in different tabs will all be effected by the zoom.

Old 02-23-2009, 02:00 PM   #2 (permalink)
Monster Techie

Default Re: How To Zoom In Firefox

hmm I do that on accident all the time seeing as how my left control button is my 'push to talk' key for ventrilo. cool feature for firefox. I never use it though.