How Do I Keep Windows 7 from Slowing Down?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osiris

Golden Master
How Do I Keep Windows 7 from Slowing Down?

I have been using Windows 7 for almost a year now and I haven't noticed a lag in speed since the first install. I have been installing and unistalling drivers and programs and currently I do not using any startup programs to speed things up. However, my parents, who's PC runs on older hardware has seen a slight slow down on boot and general program use. We certainly cannot expect Windows to take all of the abuse an average user throws at it and have it continue to speed up or stay the same, so I gave my parents some elementary, yet helpful tips for maintaing their PC's performance, not just in Windows 7, but in any version of Windows. I thought this might be helpful for other users as well:
1. You're running out of space – As is often the case with PC's who have had a Windows installation for a while without reformatting, an at-capacity hard drive may slow down your Windows 7 installation. Most users will constantly install new software and never give a thought about removing previous installations or unused softwares titles. I can't tell you how many times a friend has asked me to speed up their computer, only to find that they have a five-page list of programs on their PC that needs to be removed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom