How to disable game intro movies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osiris

Golden Master
I hate game intro movies with a passion. Some games force the user to view about half a dozen of intros without giving him the change to escape them because the normal keys that cancel the playback are disabled. If you are unlucky you have to watch the producers logo, the developments team logo, nvidia, another team that worked on the game (multiplayer part for instance), the normal intro, an EA logo..

To much for me. The trick IÂ’am going to show is definitely not working for all games but for many that I have been playing in the last months. All you need to do is one of the following things. The easiest method is to locate the video folder of the game installation and rename / move the videos of the intros which skips the game intros when you start the game. This method works for example in games like Dark Messiah of Might and Magic (locate the media folder and perform the operation on LogoArkane.bik, Logo_ubi.bik and Intro.bik) and Titan Quest (remove all videos in the video folder).

This method is not working in all games because some like to combine all movies in one big movie file which includes game movies as well. If you do not want to loose the game movies you will have to try the following method instead. Locate a .ini (sometimes .txt) file which determines the movies that are played during the startup. It would be startupvids.txt for Dark Messiah of Might and Magic. Clear the complete content and all intro movies are not played while starting the game.

http://www.ghacks.net/2006/11/04/how-to-disable-game-intro-movies/#more-892

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom