How to create a lot of Thumbnails

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osiris

Golden Master
I normally do not have to create a lot of thumbnails, maybe one or two per day for my articles but that is it. I use GIMP for the purpose, definitely not the best choice because of the long loading times but good enough for the few that I have to create. Sometimes however I'm in the position to create thumbnails of hundreds of images and there is no way to create them with GIMP because it would take a very long time.
I tend to use a program that was developed just for the purpose of creating lots of thumbnails. The name of the software is EZThumbs and it can be freely downloaded from the developers homepage. The most important feature is of course batch processing which means that you can process hundreds of images at once and select how and where they should be saved on your system.
It is for instance possible to add a prefix or suffix to the thumbnail and save it in the same directory as the original images. All important image formats are supported and EZThumbs offers additional features like filters that might be interesting for some users.
I like it because it is not complicated at all and saves me a lot of work.

How to create a lot of Thumbnails

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom