Hide all icons on your desktop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osiris

Golden Master
I bet that you have many icons on your desktop. I do and IÂ’m sure that the majority of users will have many icons on their desktop as well. It is convenient to have them there to be able to quickstart the programs right from the desktop. Some icons might be there because you forgot to disable the option to remove the icon on the desktop while installing the program.

I also dislike the fact that I have so many icons on my desktop, it destroys the background image that I have selected for example. One way to get rid of the icons temporarily is to use the program Icon Hider. Icon hider sits in your system tray and is able to temporarily remove all the icons on your desktop. This can be useful for aesthetic reasons, for screenshots and screencasting.

Iconhider has some additional functions that might be not that useful, judge for yourself. You may start the screensaver immediately, minimize all applications. You can use shortcuts to remove all icons, the shortcut to remove all icons is CTRL+ALT+H, the shortcut to make them appear again is CTRL+ALT+S.

http://www.kellysoftware.com/software/iconhider.asp

Interesting. I choose to keep my desktop icon-free...and instead clutter my task bar with what would-be on the desktop. Much easier not having to minimize everything--which I suppose defeats the purpose of a fancy background...:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom