Help With Startup Error, Explorer Not Functioning Normal

Status
Not open for further replies.

HockeyDude99

Beta member
Help With Startup Error, Explorer Not Functioning Normal

Operating System: Windows XP Professional

Hello, I recently went to Windows Update from a browser, and it updated my computer. I shut down the computer, and the next day when I went to restart it, I got the following error before the desktop would appear as a blue screen:
"Stop c0000269 {Illegal System DLL Relocation}
The System DLL kernel32.dll was relocated in memory. THe application will not run properly.
The relocation occured because the DLL C:\WINDOWS\system32\GDI32.dll occupied an address range reserved for Windows System DLL's. The vendor supplying the DLL s hou %s %s."

Now, I tried running it in safe mode, and tried everything I could think of, but it always came up with that error, not the actual desktop.

I went and searched around on another computer, and found and followed the following information/steps:

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=875350
(The Use Recovery Module Part on there. I cant seem to Copy And Paste for some reason.)

Now, I followed all that, I changed the registry value there, however, the taskbar does not appear.

Alternatively, I attempeted CTRL + ALT + DELETE, File > New Task (Run...) and entered explorer.exe, however, it opens My Documents.

I have run out of ideas, and cant seem to find the information here, or anywhere else, and I have quite a bit of information here, that if I'd reformat, I'd need to burn 10 or so disks, and I hope/think there could be an easier way to solve this issue.

go to start, run, type msconfig, go to startup, click disable all, recheck your antivirus and reboot

or

XP Repair install

Boot the computer using the XP CD. You may need to change the boot order in the system BIOS so the CD boots before the hard drive. Check your system documentation for steps to access the BIOS and change the boot order.
When you see the "Welcome To Setup" screen, you will see the options below
This portion of the Setup program prepares Microsoft
Windows XP to run on your computer:

To setup Windows XP now, press ENTER.

To repair a Windows XP installation using Recovery Console, press R.

To quit Setup without installing Windows XP, press F3.

Press Enter to start the Windows Setup. do not choose "To repair a Windows XP installation using the Recovery Console, press R", (you Do Not want to load Recovery Console). I repeat, do not choose "To repair a Windows XP installation using the Recovery Console, press R".
Accept the License Agreement and Windows will search for existing Windows installations.
Select the XP installation you want to repair from the list and press R to start the repair. If Repair is not one of the options, read this Warning#2!
Setup will copy the necessary files to the hard drive and reboot. Do not press any key to boot from CD when the message appears. Setup will continue as if it were doing a clean install, but your applications and settings will remain intact.

It isn't a virus problem. I cant go to start since it wont let me (I cant even get access to that via CTRL + ESC. I did however go to CTRL + ALT + DELETE, File > New Task (Run...) msconfig, and went to the startup tab, however none of those objects are effecting this, I believe/hope this is just a setting matter and a registry key or file is missing/changed.

I'm hoping there is another way rather than doing Repair Install as WIN XP CD Key's only last 3 times each time I use it, and I prefer not to reinstall Windows unless it is 100% nessasary.

That and last time I tried to Repair Install, my computer would not allow it, and it would reboot after each time trying (I tried 3 times just reinstalling Windows, each time it Rebooted, so I formated and installed, and it worked fine). I'm hoping there's another solution.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom