Get a Freelancer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osiris

Golden Master
Get a Freelancer is a website that brings together webmasters and freelancers. I have been using the service twice in the last two months and liked it that much that I thought a review would be nice to spread the word. Webmasters can post -mostly - IT related projects on Get a Freelancer and freelancers will respond to that project. Those responses will always contain the amount of money that they would charge for completing the project as well as other information.
The project creator can then pick one of the freelancers who responded with an offer. It is possible to use a private messaging system to communicate on site to get the details right before a deal is closed. The website offers an Escrow service that will withhold the money until the project has been finished.
Adding a new project costs $5 which are subtracted from the money that is being paid to the freelancer if one is selected to finish the project. I think that this website offers some nice opportunities for freelancers as well. Just take a look at the average bid amount for certain categories to know what I mean. The price range for most projects lies between $100 and $1000.
While the website concentrates on brokering IT deals it does have several other categories that are related in a way or another. You can find and post offers for Accounting, Translations, Photography, Legal Advice or Copywriting on the website as well.
I like to post projects there because I know that my money is safe until the freelancer completes the product to my satisfaction. A rating system that has been implemented makes it easy to analyse a freelancer by previous works that he has done on the site.
I'm not using the website as a tool to earn money but I guess you could be highly successful if you are an expert in any of the categories that are offered on the website.

Get a Freelancer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom