Free Download Manager

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osiris

Golden Master
Free Download Manager

Free Download Manager is one of the top download managers for Windows. That's my verdict after using it for a while on my new computer. I came across that download manager before on various websites who always praised the software but I never tested it over a longer period of time; Until now.
It comes in two versions. A light version which uses less resources but lacks support for Bittorrent, video conversions and uploads and a full version which has those features integrated. They can be separately added if needed which is actually a very nice and user friendly way.
The download manager obviously supports all the features that are required of a download manager. It can download files in parts to speed up transfers, queue up files, resume unfinished downloads, supports password protected downloads, comes with a scheduler and traffic adjustments.

It makes use of a small download area that is floating on the screen which will initiate the download of files that are dragged and dropped on it.
It offers some features that are pretty unique though. It can download selected files from zip archives which comes in handy if you only need one file out of a zip archive. Downloading websites is supported as well as downloading flash videos from several popular video portals.
It's a great download manager and definitely worth a try. It stands it grounds against my favorite download manager Orbit Downloader. Orbit Downloader has several additional features for downloading files that cannot normally be downloaded including the extremely handy Grab++ for downloading media streams. In the end, both are great download managers and it's more a question who was downloaded and installed first than which is the better software program.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom